Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions we've recieved most often...
1. Where will the team be based (i.e., what is the home field)?
AFC Mobile is currently in negotiations and plans to make an announcement in the near future.
2. Who will manage the team in the first year?
AFC Mobile is proud to announce Nate Nicholas as the first head coach of AFC Mobile. Nicholas is a longtime member of the Mobile soccer community and is currently the head coach of the McGill-Toolen boys soccer team.
3. How will players be recruited and selected?
AFC Mobile is hosting an open tryout on April 1 from 2 - 6 PM at Herndon (Sage) Park. Click here for details
4. What type of organization is this (i.e., LLC, 501(c)3, etc.)?
AFC Mobile has formed a Limited Liability Company, which is The Association Football Club of Mobile, LLC.
5. Why $5000?
There are numerous fees in getting a team set up and ready for the upcoming season, including league fees, uniforms, game balls, referee fees, travel costs and many others. Your donation and/or sponsorship would help us out tremendously! We couldn’t do it without the fans and community who share the love and the passion of soccer like we do.
6. Who are the board members?
Our board is currently comprised of of ten members
- Abram Chamberlain – President
- Jeff Garl – CEO
- Sean Landry – CFO
- Mitchell Kahalley– Director of Communications
- Daniel McMillan– Director of Digital Communications
- JT Clark – Director of Marketing
- Patrick Dungan– Member At Large
- Michael Lynch – Member At Large
- Jeff Moody - Member At Large
- Zach Taylor – Member At Large
7. Are there other organizations like AFC Mobile that have succeeded?
AFC Mobile is following in the tradition of American clubs like Grand Rapids FC, Nashville FC, Indy Eleven, the Birmingham Hammers and other grassroots-based teams. We started as nothing more than a group of fans who followed local soccer and wanted to give people the chance to see the beautiful game played a high level in Mobile as well as represent the city across the Gulf Coast and showcase local players and coaches.
8. What league do you plan to play in?
AFC Mobile will play in the Gulf Coast Premier League, a USASA Elite League. The GCPL is a division 5 league in the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) structure. The top teams in the GCPL will qualify for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, the knockout competition that matches up teams from every league in the United States.
9. How do I get involved?
There are several ways you can support AFC Mobile. If you’d like to support us financially, you can donate to our GoFundMe. You can also support us and represent your city by buying our merchandise from our online store. You can support the club by sharing our information on social media, or by word of mouth.
Information about season tickets and schedules will be announced soon. In the meantime, if you have questions, you can reach out to email@example.com
10. What sponsorship opportunities are available?
Sponsorship opportunities are available. More information on sponsorships can be found here